Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorTalzar13
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2019

I have an old map that appears to have been built prior to sheets, and everything is on the same sheet, and often in the same layer. I am trying to clean it up so that I can easily create different maps (trade, political, etc.). Because there are thousands of symbols on the map, and it is rather large, I don't want to go through it, section by section, zoomed in enough to see the details and select individual entities.

Is there a way to select all entities with the same name? Using Info, I can see that many of the city symbols use either town or capital. There are hundreds, so if I can select all with the same name, it would save me a lot of time. I've been able to filter out much of the map with layers, but all of these symbols appear to be in the same layer with other symbols I don't want.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2019 edited

Unfortunately, no. CC3+'s selection methods are based around the common properties that all entity types possess. Name is something unique to symbols, and not part of this common set.

All available selection options are discussed here.