Insert Node deleting polygon

I have encounter an issue with the Insert Node function twice now that has made me want to chuck my PC out the window. I have been using the function to shape a polygon as my landmass. At some point of inserting nodes, I may have double-clicked or something. The map would flicker, but everything would look normal, except the node I tried to insert didn't appear. Any subsequent attempt to insert a node would not occur. Thinking I need to restart CC3+, I saved my map, and restarted the software. When the map opens, the polygon is gone, and I'm unable to recover it. Literally hours of work lost.

Has anyone else had this issue occur to them?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I've had this happen to me if the polygon I work with have too many nodes, when they get too detailed, they start to behave badly. I don't know if this is what happened to you, but in general, I always recommend keeping the node count of any polygon way below 15000 nodes.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I've had this problem for a different reason, and on relatively small polygons - rectangles, hexagons...

I noticed eventually that it only happened when I had Attach switched on. So if I forget and it happens I undo (CTRL+Z), switch Attach off, and try again.

If you need to attach the new node it is best done by creating it without Attach switched on, and then switch Attach on before moving it.