Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    I think the Watercolor Style from the latest annual is very cool, and I've wanted to do a version of the old Blue Box D&D Village of Hommlet map of my own. Well, now I've done it and I thought I'd post it up here for review and comments. I hope y'all like it...

Here's the original for comparison...

•  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2019

It looks beautiful. Can't wait to try this annual issue out, after seeing this
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Beautifully done! This is a gorgeous annual and you've done a fine job recreating this map!
    Thank you, Quenten. Thanks, Lorelei. You guys make awesome maps; I appreciate your praises! This annual rocks! It's so different for me to draw everything instead of using symbols - I never realized how constrained I was by sticking just to symbol catalogues.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

That's a beautiful map :)

Both are great, but I definitely prefer the new version.
    Thank you, Loopysue. I love the old school blue & white maps, too. I really enjoy your maps - I lurk here and don't post often, but I appreciate all of your work!
    • CommentAuthorLillhans

It sort of feels like the style has now come full circle: Hommlet was the motif for one of my earlier experiments using Early Modern City from the -07 bundle - a style, the philosphy of which, the Watercolour can certainly trace its lineage to.

It means a great deal to learn that you like the Watercolour, but perhaps even more to see your own take on what to make of it.

Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the ride!
    Thank you, Lillhans. For the kind words and for the annual style!
    • CommentAuthorKenG
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2019

Very nice map, This style has so much to offer.
    • CommentAuthorVexikuri
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2019

Love the old blue and white map, totally reminds me of the old days.
    • CommentAuthorSolo4114
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2019

This is great! Even if one just needs a generic town, Hommlet has always been a terrific option. It's also a lot easier to look at than the old TSR blue look (which is great and all, but can be a little clunky).
    A very nice map, but isn't the road to the east supposed to go to "Nyr Dyv", and not "Myr Dyv" as you have written on it?

Kindest regards,

Erik
    Pot-a-to pot-ah-to :). Seriously, though, thanks for pointing that out! And for the kind word about the map.
    Got it fixed - thanks again, Erik, for pointing out the typo. I also noticed that I had a text artifact that needed removal, so I cleaned that up as well.

And now that I look at it again, I notice that I forgot the Druid's home! Grrrr!

EDIT: OK, all fixed up now.