Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorDrednort
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2019

I don't post that often here (active on the Facebook group) but I'm really quite proud of this map and want to show it off.

My city map - this is close to the final version. I just have to go over it with a fine tooth comb - I've already found boats in the middle of the river that should be onshore, and a line running horizontally through the river which I think is an old map border that hasn't changed, but I'm pretty happy with how it is looking.

Link to the map image - http://www.libraryofhiabuor.net/Ongus.PNG

It's going to be printed and laminated to cover my entire gaming table.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Wow! That's a pretty impressive city :D

I've seen smaller areas of it highlighted over on the FB page as you worked on it. Maybe a few of them could be posted here so we can see the detail?
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Great stuff! Very detailed. I love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2019 edited

I like that it is rather densely packed. City walls put a very hard limit on area expansion of the city, so tightly packed cities with not much empty space lying around makes a lot of sense. Takes some work and dedication to get that right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

What a magnificent city - I am very impressed (and a little envious of your skill)
    • CommentAuthorJosh.P.
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2019

My internet connection doesn't like this map lol, imagine what it would do in CC3+. Probably blow up :D

Love it, some real effort has gone into this.
    You have put a lot of work into this and it shows. Very impressive. I'm interested in how you have indicated cultivated land - I'm trying to do that (>Cartographic Resources: >Cultivated Ground Symbols) on a map I am engaged in and might like to use a similar system - if you don't mind :-)
    Gotta upgrade my laptop if I'm gonna look at maps like this often :). Once it loaded, I love the detail! This is a very nice map.