Hex grid not aligning to snaps

Hello, all!

Fairly new user here. I've been trying to create a world hex map (about 3000 wide). If I create a vertical hex grid overlay with a grid spacing of 6.00, the hex symbols snap doesn't align to the grid overlay (see attached). This doesn't seem to be the case when I make smaller maps at the default size suggested by the new map wizard. Any advice on how to fix that?
hex.JPG 16.2K

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Did you create the hex grid while setting up map in the template wizard, or afterwards after the black map was created? Could you post the FCW file here?
  • Afterwards (i.e., not in the wizard). See attached. This happens whether using the CC3 Overland Hex Map or the Cosmographer overland templates.

Thanks for the assist!

EDIT: Tried to attach, but I think I am running afoul of forum newbie restrictions. :) Here is a link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap4AIS4LQqRRhb1CGJbh2YwhPRGPEQ?e=csVl6L
    That looks as if you added a very large grid (many hexes) to the map. It takes ages for a full map view to show up on my system. Does the same happen with a smaller map and a more manageable number of hexes?

For example try a 1000x800 overland map with 20 mile hexes. That works fine here.
  • edited August 2019
    Yes a smaller map works perfectly. I was wondering if there was a way to fix the alignment on a larger map.

It's worth noting that the oddity occurs on a large map with the grid spacing at 6. Works ok with a large map and 24 grid spacing.
    Looking into the problem, but I think you're reaching the drawing capacity of how much grid spaces you can put in. If I create a 1000x800 unit map, a 6 unit hex grid works fine. How are you going to handle that map if you are drawing on more than a tiny part of it?