Colour palette sharing

I have a feeling I've asked this one before, but is there a realistic way we can build a communal library of colour palettes that would be easy to use no matter how new you are to CC3?

At the moment the only way I know of sharing a palette is by attaching it to an FCW and sharing the FCW. But then there is only space for 3 palettes on anyone's system - the default, the custom and the one attached to your drawing, so this could get a bit confusing!

Can you load a specific named palette as if you were loading a file?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You cannot load them by name, but you can manually manipulate the .pal files and just copy the desired one into the data directory when needed.

Only three is also not really correct, as you can have a million different templates with one palette embedded in each which you can extract when needed.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited August 2019
    Thanks, Remy :)

I had a feeling you would say that. I was hoping there would be a much easier way to share - especially for newbies who aren't so familiar with the way CC3 works. I know that when I first started it took me forever to even realise I could change the palette - never mind transfer it from map to map by saving it as the custom palette.

Next time Ralf or Simon ask for suggestions I'm going to ask if it would be possible to make CC3 load named palettes - the same way you can load named altitude palettes in FT3 :)

EDIT: and also to be able to save palettes by name - eg "Brown", "Gold" etc.
    argel1200