World Map settings

I'm getting ready to map a world map for my campaign. I've got a sketch of the main contenent that my adventures will be on. Other landmasses are not as critical in their size and shape.

My question is, is there a setting for a new map in CC3 that is designed for world-scale maps?

I recently got a copy of Fractal Terrains and was going to use that but it only exports to CC2 and that's not the style I want at all. Is there an option to export to CC3 styles?

Comments

• It may export to CC2 but you can open those maps in CC3. I have only done this with a Line style of the coasts only.
  • bearclawbearclaw Traveler
    oh yes, I can open it, that's no problem. I was just hoping it could be exported to a different style than the contoured CC2 style.
  • Oh, well even with CC2 I made a special export style that only exported a line drawing of the Coasts, Rivers and Lakes. Then I would explode it and move the coasts, rivers and lakes to their respected Layers and sheets and start from there.
  • bearclawbearclaw Traveler
    is that just creating a specfic style? how did you get FT to export to that style? I don't recall FT giving an option other than 'Export to CC2'.
  • Highland_PiperHighland_Piper Surveyor
    edited April 2009
    • Go to Save CC2 File
    • Create
    • Unselect Temperature Contours, Rainfall Contours and Climate Contours
    • Click Next
    • Under Contour Settings unselect both Draw Filled Colours and Draw Contour Outline
    • Keep the Coast line selected
    • Click Next
    • Select YOUR preference of detail
    • Click Next
    • I normally only select the border
    • Click Next
    • Name your style Like Lined etc.
    • Now save as a CC2
    You may have to play with the settings, it has been months since I've done this and a reformat of my harddrive also since I've done this, so my original settings are lost.
    • Next open with CC3
    • You may have to explode then place them in the proper Sheets and layers.
    If your using a large scale campaign world this is a great way of making maps from different areas and keeping the scale proper