Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorblckassn
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2019

I worked on a city last night for a few hours, and I opened it up today to continue working on it. I drew my first house today and the roof is all sorts of messed up. It's no longer the thatch roof and now its a solid color. I haven't changed any settings between last night and today so I'm not even sure where to start. I attached a picture showign the issue.

I have tried opening both the autosave and the real file and they have issues. I've also tried closing and re opening CC3+ and that didn't work either.
      Annotation 2019-08-10 003618.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I also have had this happen, and I still don't know how it was eventually returned to normal, since saving and restarting didn;t seem to work. Nevertheless, it did work again. This has happened to me twice. Anyone else with the same experience?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

All houses have a solid color polygon as a background for the house coloring command in CD3. This looks like it somehow got put on top of the roof shading. Try hiding the layer STRUCTURES (COLORS). Does that get rid of the color block?
    • CommentAuthorblckassn

Thanks Ralf! Your suggestion did not fix the issue, but it did help me find the cause of the issue.

In this situation the color block was on the Merge layer which for some reason was on top. I hid and then un-hid the merge layer and the issue fixed itself.

I suspect that simply hiding and then un-hiding the layer the color block is on will fix the issue if the block is on another layer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Thanks for this, both Ralf and blckassn (the Dreaded Black Assassin of Nevermore City - hehehe)