Using FT to make a world look the way I want

Hello, I like the FT and CC3+ software, but it's a bit daunting. I'm trying to make a map I can use as a story setting, and I have a couple of hand-drawn maps. These are more or less what I want the world and then one specific region of the world to look like.

So I guess my question is, what is the easiest way to turn those maps into a CC3+ map? The layers functionality seems particularly useful to me, because I'd like to have the capability to show the "bones" of the continents, and then flesh it out different ways, like one showing rainfall and climate, one showing mountains rivers and forests, one showing political affiliations.

I've tried reading many of the threads and haven't found what I'm looking for, which is why I started this topic, apologies if something like this has already been posted and if you could put me the direction of that thread that would be helpful as well.

Thank you.

P.S. I attached the very rough world file. No offense but this forum is very outdated. You can only attach one file? And the way the categories are set up...

Comments

• JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited July 2019
    Importing hand drawn is the subject line.

forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=8728&page=1#Item_1

edit:

Or just do a search in here for the word import

And you will see a long list of discussions. If they don't help, let us know and we'll help more.