Merge Symbol Sets

I have recently bought Symbol Set 1 to go with my CC3+.
Is there a way to merge these symbols with other sets?

I was hoping it would add to the available options, but it actually feels more restricted.

Or can you change sets within a single map?

Any help would be appreciated,

-Scorpion

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    You can use any set in any map. You just have to open the symbol catalogue

Symbols are stored in a folder system called Symbols here:

@ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols

(where @=whichever drive you have installed CC3 on)

It is the catalogue file you want, NOT the actual folder containing the graphics. Most catalogues are located in the parent folder containing the symbol subfolders. So for example if I wanted to load the symbols in the Natural folder in the Mike Schley overland style I would click the little folder button at the top of the catalogue panel and navigate my way to the Mike Schley overland set and pick the Natural.FSC file to open.

There is probably a better way to do this, but this is the way I do it :)
  • I create a map of a standard village for my game world for a particular nation. I go into Symbol Manager and select all of the symbols in the map i want in a set.

Then I save that set 'village_trillolara' or 'village_dankforest'.

Next time I make a village map for Trillolara, I load that symbol set.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    You don't actually 'merge' anything at all. All symbols in CC3 are references to the original artwork. This is to prevent duplication in the image folder system, where only chaos could follow. no need to copy or move anything at all. Just open the relevant catalogue file, no matter what style your map started out being.