Updating Continental Fill Texture

I've been using CC for years, since CC2. I started a map in CC3 many years ago and I've been adding to it over a long period of time. Since the release of CC3+, I've been doing a lot of overhauling and updating symbols (love Schley's work). When I first drew out my continent, I used a texture to fill it in (see attachment), and I'm looking to replace it with something more updated and less . . . pixelated. I figured out how to replace the texture using "Change Properties" but the options available are still archaic and . . . well, terrible. I've imported my own texture but it isn't showing on the list of options (imported to ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Bitmaps\Tiles\User according to CC3 help file).

I would also like to do this for other aspects of my map. For instance, I have regions that are frozen and I'd like to try out a tundra texture.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You need to import the textures as fill styles into the current map by using Tools --> Import bitmap fill styles. If it is the first time importing those particular textures into a map, I recommend enabling the 'create other resolutions' option, as this will create the files for the four different resolutions CC3+ uses automatically for you.
  • edited July 2019
    Posted By: MonsenYou need to import the textures as fill styles into the current map by using Tools --> Import bitmap fill styles. If it is the first time importing those particular textures into a map, I recommend enabling the 'create other resolutions' option, as this will create the files for the four different resolutions CC3+ uses automatically for you.
    Creating the other resolution resolved my issue. Thanks, mate!

One final question: Now that my texture is imported, how do I control the size? When I change the fill texture under the "Change Properties" button, I have no customization. My fill works but it's way too magnified. I edited it in Photoshop and mimicked the resolution of other textures, yet . . . still too big. Do I need to reduce resolution more and import again, or is there an option I'm unaware of for customizing size? (I did a 1:1 ratio on import.)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2019
    Click the fill style indicator in the top right, activate the bitmap files tab, and find your fill in the list. Now, enable the 'Scaled' option, and set a reasonable option for scale. The values for scale is how large 1 "tile" of your fill will be in the drawing, measured in map units.
  • Thank you so much!! I'm good to go.
  • 1 year later
  • 1. Thank you for asking the question.

2. Thank you for being descriptive with your answer.

New to CC3 but not computers or graphical interfaces. But for some reason this software tends to defeat me at times.