Issues with Sheets combining on their own...

Hey y'all I'd love someone smarter than me to tell me what I'm doing wrong lol... so, I'm making a map of concentric islands within islands. To get them to stack correctly, I'm separating them onto their own Sheets. However, for whatever reason, they REFUSE to stay on the sheet assigned to them.

I am new to the program, but I understand the majority of basics and this is the first problem I've encountered that I couldn't fix myself.

Please help!
♡Lady T

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Hi and welcome!

What are the names you are giving your new sheets? And what tool are you using to draw the islands?

Drawing tools like "Landmass" will automatically put their entities on the sheet named LAND, unless your currently selected sheet also starts with LAND. That might be interfering with your setup.

But it would be easiest if you posted your map here (the FCW file), so we can take a look what might be going wrong.
  • Interesting, I was naming them Land 1,2 etc. I'll try something different and if it's still messing up I'll post it.

Thank you!
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I don't know anywhere near as much as someone like Ralf, but here's an idea.

I wonder if you are naming the sheets in lower case letters, and I wonder if CC3 discerns between upper and lower case words, even if they happen to be the same word.

Does it resolve itself if you name them LAND 1,2 etc, instead of Land 1,2 etc?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    CC3+ isn't case sensitive

One thing to note about many land drawing tools however is that they use two sheets, one for the outline, and one for the main entity (often LAND and COASTLINE, but not necessarily those names). This means that you will need to make sets of both when you want them to stack like that.