Computer freezes and Autosave doesn't!

I'm doing a floorplan on Win10 HP laptop and the computer keeps freezing. No probs you might say, but AutoSave isn't saving before the locking out occurs. When I persuade the laptop to behave and reopen, I see the point at which Autosave or I had saved it last. Then I open the Autosave and it is often further back in time, which produces expletives galore before I rework what I had done before everything fouled up on me.

Had Autosave set to every 2mins, but thanks to Monson's instructions here (http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=9191&page=1#Item_0) it's set at every minute, but is there any way of Autosave saving *as you work* rather than every time the computer idles?

Comments

• 7 days later
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2019
    Autosave is supposed to save as you work (it saves in between commands at the appropriate interval) If it doesn't work as it is supposed to, I recommend you send tech support a note.

While this is a workaround more than really fixing anything, I do recommend getting into the habit of hitting Ctrl+S often though, to manually save the map. For me, this is so ingrained in my workflow, that I even keep doing it in software that doesn't require it (like onenote or google docs). I usually find myself unconsciously hitting the combination several times a minute.
  • I make some changes, save, make some changes, save, etc. until the map is done.

Computers will do things we don't expect at apparently random intervals. So I try to deal with that as best I can.