Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Finished Up the Maps and Sent off in Email.. Hope everyone. so First I had to envision the White Witch, So I popped over to Heroforge and drew up a Concept.
    I went with all CC3+ Art from DD3+, SS4 and Some Mike Schely Art.

3 floors plus a Basement.
    The Main floor is a 36"x24" (180x120)
      The White Witch.JPG
    What could need a cage so Big?
      Big Gage..JPG
    What does she Keep and Why?
      Specimen Cages.JPG
    Dare to take the stairs to the basement?
      Basement.JPG
    What goes on on the second Floor without Windows?
      Second Floor.JPG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2019 edited

Very nice! :D

And very fast as well!

The cage is superb - may favourite, but I've no idea what it might hold.

No idea again on what she keeps, and as for the basement stairs... Ummm… No. I don't think so! LOL!

EDIT: oops! I thought you had finished uploading. Sorry!
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2019

Bravo !
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2019

And to finish my earlier comments...

How curious - a room without windows.

You've just reminded me of a teenage hobby of mine! It would be great for photography - the old fashioned kind where you spend hours swishing bits of paper around in trays of developer and fixer. But I bet that's not what it's for :P

A whole set of beautiful maps!
    Hope everyone likes the Full Detailed ones when They get uploaded to the Atlas...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2019

These maps are now available in the atlas. Thanks for the great contribution John, and welcome to the atlas.

The Tower Of The White Witch Basement
    The Tower Of The White Witch Ground Floor
    The Tower Of The White Witch Second Floor
    The Tower Of The White Witch Third Floor
    you beat me to posting links.
    Wish I could learn to do a Wiki type page. Would love to have a site just for My Wayward Travelers Cartography Exclusive stuff.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2019

Its Remy's part to post the links.

I looked at Wiki to track my maps, etc. but wikis are a pain. I use Textpattern CMS to make my sites. Saves me from having to type up all the html pages. I did do that for a site of mine that is long gone, over 5,000 html pages.
    Still Would love to have a site just like it strictly for my own world.
    Add as it gets explored.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I *think* Remy wrote his own site for the community world his own way, but I don't know much about these things :)
    Imagine If Wizard and Paizo and other Game Systems took the Cue. Imagine being able to access a Licensed Map site with Everything Located on one site. No more Begging for Hi res Digital Versions of Maps. As New Content is Added New Maps could appear as The World Expands as new Products are released.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I've never been to these other sites because I'm not a DM or a player (I came at this from the angle of a writer wanting to make maps for her books, and kind of got a bit involved with it all :P ). So I don't really know what they are like. But I imagine that Remy's amazing brain would soon sort out any comparative awkwardness in the way those sites are arranged :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Posted By: LoopysueI *think* Remy wrote his own site for the community world his own way, but I don't know much about these things :)

My understanding is that he did do that.

I make my own web sites to, but not nearly as well as Remy.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Yes, he's too modest by far :)

Maybe he will write a series of tutorials on how to do it one day.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd pay to go on a course if Remy had written it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2019 edited

Posted By: LoopysueI don't know about you guys, but I'd pay to go on a course if Remy had written it.
    Technically, you can do just that. I do teach these things. You'll have to come to Norway though, and it is a third year course in a software development bachelor program, so you would need certain prerequisites to join, it isn't open for anyone to just attend. The software for the community atlas is based on the things I teach in the course, and it also contains a fair bit about Windows SDK, which is very useful when you are writing XP's for CC3+.

And yea, I wrote the atlas from scratch myself. If anyone wants the source code, they can have it, but it will require some rewrite before it can be run anywhere else, I haven't really written it with anything but myself in mind, so there are things that will need to be changed for it to run anywhere else. I am also using a licensed version of Zoomify for the zoomable maps on my site, the functionality for those would be a bit more limited with the free version.

For my own player site, I am just using a standard Wiki instead. Wiki software exists for most platforms, and there are several sites out there do wiki hosting where everything is set up for you, ready to use.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2019

I would love to come and live in Norway - for the scenery if nothing else, but also to go on your course, Remy :)

Trouble is - I have family in the UK who need care, so I can't.

Nice dream, though :)
    Hummm Norway????
    Might Have to Think..
    How Much to Simply have you run a sight :) :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2019 edited

Posted By: jpstodwftexasHow Much to Simply have you run a sight :) :)
    More than you can afford :) I need additional free time more than I need additional money, so unless you pay way more than it is really worth, I won't be taking on any such jobs :)

There are hosted free wikis out there you could use though, and if you are willing to pay a little, more than enough hosts with cpanel or similar that lets you deploy desired software for your site with a single click.