Resolving a catastrophy

Bear with me, this may take a bit to explain what I'm trying to do.

As you all know, I've been working diligently to map a world for a 5th ed D&D campaign, to get me used to running the new rules. Pilnderstraad, Voud Califf, and Burggen are all part of that world map. But when my external hard drive quit working, I lost everything… especially the fcw's for the maps I was working on. Now, for Voud Califf, Burggen and Pilnderstraad, losing those fcw's isn't as big of a deal, because those maps were already finished. But I also lost the fcw for the world map that those regional maps were based on.

However... there maybe a way for me to get back what I lost... at least partially. You see, I have the WIP thread that I created here, and a saved WIP. It's a jpeg, but it's a working copy of the map I was working on. So I saved it to my hard drive.

I know I can import the image into cc3+, and then just retrace the landmasses, and retrace everything to remake the map up to this point. But I don't remember whether to save the map as a jpeg, btmp, or png.

Also, there is a video, that shows how to trace over a drawing, to draw a map, or map extension. I can't remember who did it, or how to find the video. Any thoughts?

Comments