FT3 Saving Issues

I don't know when this started, I only noticed it a few days ago. I don't know if there is an issue with the program, or the programmer (meaning me). All I know is, I'm having issues. Here is what's happening:

Normally, when you save a world in FT3, it saves as an ftw to whatever file folder you put it in. If you were to go to that file folder, you would see an icon that looks like a world, with the FT in it. If you clicked on the icon, FT3 would open, showing you the world you saved. That's not what I'm getting when I save in FT3. The icon I'm seeing when I save, looks more like an fsc, or an mnu, and when I click on it, the Window's menu pops up, asking me which program I want to use to open the file... I have to browse through my programs to find FT3 to open up these files. Now, when I do, it DOES open up the world I saved, in FT3, but it should do that immediately. I shouldn't have go looking for it.

Hmmmm…. that's strange, I can't seem to attach either one as an example. Neither an ftw, nor the strange file I'm saving to. That's weird.
Secondary to this, is I can't seem to save to a cc3+ convertible file. You're supposed to be able to save an ftw into something that can be opened up in cc3+, at least for tracing purposes... but when I try, nothing seems to work. I could use some help, please.

Comments

• What steps do you take for a save ?

I export as a Cosmographer world and get a fcw for CC3Plus to work on it.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Check that the filename extension is ".ftw"

When saving in FT3 you need to be careful you don't erase the extension by mistake, because for some reason the file extension isn't automatically added. If you name your file "Fred" it will have no extension and Windows won't know what to do with it - hence the question about which app you want to use to open it. You have to make sure its called "Fred.ftw" before you hit save.

As for the existing ones, edit the filename to add the correct extension and you shouldn't have any more problems with them :)
  • 7 days later
  • I always manually add .ftw to the end of my file names to prevent this happening.