Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2019

The question of how to create your own map style has come up repeatedly in the past, and while the Cartographer's Annual Volume 1 covers it generally, I thought that a more comprehensive tutorial might be in order.

For that I've started a new article series on the RPGMaps blog. Here is Part 1: Basic Considerations.

Let me know what you think so far below and post any questions you might have. This thread is for discussing the article series.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Thank you Ralf :)

This is going to be very useful for me in the next few weeks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

In section 1, do you mean FCW or FCT for the template file?
    Part 2, 1st para - do you mean 'free' or 'three'
    Kick me hard if I am being over pedantic. But this whole series is sending flutters of excitement through me - it's just what the doctor ordered.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

Both corrected, thank you. Keep 'em coming! :)
    • CommentAuthorLadieStorm

In section 2, is 'bit copying...' supposed to be "but copying..."? Also, the next sentence doesn't make much sense to me... 'That means we need to decide what style we can to create...' I don't think that 'to' is supposed to be there, or did you have something else in mind?
    Then the last sentence in the first paragraph of section 2: "I locate the the three files..." Is this supposed to be "I located the three files..."?
    I think it says good things for the quality of your article when the only "corrections" are for nitpicking typos. :)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2019

Especially when English is a second language, and has a reputation for being difficult to learn ;)

Your English is so good, Ralf, that I usually forget you aren't in fact English! LOL!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2019

Hi folks, part 2 of the series is now on the blog. This time I look at creating and importing the new fills for the style.

Nitpicking (and other) corrections are welcome as always!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2019

Thanks Ralf :)