Beaumaris Castle Annual problem

So I was playing around with the latest Annual, Sue's beautiful Beaumaris Castle and I am finding that on the Surroundings map all i have is text. I've tried to run a repair and also have removed the Annual and reinstalled it to no avail. I know that can't be right......

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited May 2019
    Does it clear up if you turn the effects on?

I have to ask because the laptop is dead now, and I forgot to transfer my original files across from there to the new PC. Got all the symbols and fills across, but forgot to bring the maps.

EDIT: sorry, that was a bit dumb of me. Of course you have the effects on already, since there wouldn't be a glow around the labels if you didn't. I know I got a bit of a shock when I opened my own copy a few weeks after completing the work. It was something really simple, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Please bear with me while I download it and install it to rediscover the problem.
    Ah yes! Not downloaded yet, but I remember now.

The palette is odd. Click the palette colour and then Use Default Palette. I thought it was just me, but its obviously the file.

That green square is meant to be bright pink, and its meant to cut a hole in the frame. Because the palette is freaky and somehow attached to the map its the wrong colour for the Colour Key effect that should be using it to cut the hole.

Sorry about that, Lorelei. I will let Ralf know more directly in case he doesn't see this thread immediately.
    That's odd. I just installed it and opened it up, and the palette was the default one, so it worked straight away.

Maybe its because the default palette isn't actually 'attached' to the drawing, so that whatever palette you were using last will be applied. (I'm seriously guessing now).

Whatever - if you set the palette to default it should be ok :)
  • Mine doesn't do that. Have you checked your layers and sheets ? Show All for layers, exccept the grids, and Show for sheets.

What does it look like after that ?
  • Got it....my palette was set to a Custom Palette from the previous map i had been working on. I wonder why my program didn't revert back to the Default Palette? Is that normal? Huh. Anyway, it's working now and i can actually "see" the surroundings.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Did you save that custom palette to disk? (Save Custom PAL button in the color dialog). CC3+ should (in my experience anyway) revert the palette between each drawing, setting it as follows:

- If the drawing has a built-in palette, use that
    - If the drawing don't have a built-in palette, but a custom palette (fcw32.pal) exists on disk, use that
    - Otherwise use the default CC3+ palette.