Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLadieStorm
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2019

This is another map in my Goddess of Light Campaign.

This temple is nestled deep in the Caendel Mountains of Pilnderstraad. Though long lost to the amnesia of time, this temple is strangely intact, and seemingly fairly well kept. The layers of dust and cobwebs show that this temple has been abandoned for at least 250 - 300 years. Yet the foundation, and structure is completely intact. The tapestries and alter cloth are remarkably preserved. It's as if a divine hand has kept this temple and its secrets as immaculately as possible. How this temple has gone unnoticed and un-looted is a great secret in and of itself. This long forgotten temple also hints at how this island used to be...
      Forgotten Temple F.JPG
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2019

Looks great !
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Nicely done, Storm
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I think it looks great without any of those tricky point light things anyway :)
    apparently it was good enough to get me my first silver compass over at the guild! April/May Lite Mapping Challenge win! Shocked the heck out of me!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Great news, Congratulations.
    • CommentAuthorseycyrus
    • CommentTime3 days ago

The sides of your your cliffs to have a real 3d quality to them. Did you expand the usual technique? Multiple sheets?
    @seycyrus - it's actually a technique Shessar showed us a couple of years ago. Those are rock and stone symbols that have been enlarged, then 'stacked' on top of each other, to create the illusion of a mountain wall of rock. Then I used a grass fill, with an inner edge fade, and a slight transparency, to create the top of the mountain. On the other side, I just used a solid color fill, with the same inner edge fade and transparency, to give the illusion of cavern walls.

Here is Shessar's tutorial that I modified to make my cave: http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=5869&page=1#Item_0

She's actually the creative genius behind the idea. I just have a knack for using other people's ideas in new and unique ways.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Congratulations! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Well done, and so well deserved
    thanks! I will admit, I was shocked when I found out. I never expected to win any of the challenges... I get into them for the challenge and the experience. It's a way for me to push myself out of my comfort zone. It does feel good to win one, though!
    • CommentAuthorseycyrus
    • CommentTime2 days ago

Posted By: LadieStorm@seycyrus - it's actually a technique Shessar showed us a couple of years ago. Those are rock and stone symbols that have been enlarged, then 'stacked' on top of each other, to create the illusion of a mountain wall of rock. ...

Yes, that what I meant by "usual technique". In my mind that is now the proper way to do things. Your cliffs seemed to be really well done.
    Thank you! I guess I've just been doing this for a while :)