Cosmographer Problems

Hi,

I seem to be having a lot of problems with the Traveller world satellite map,

1) I can't seem to delete the “World Name” text
2) When I add text (on the text layer) using the text button the text dissapears after pressing refresh, both World name & UWP.
3) This is happening on both my laptop & desktop machine.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2019
    1) I can't replicate this. Starting a new map using that template, and the text is deleteable just fine by default, at least in the normal wizard template. Make sure you haven't frozen the layer (This text is found on the MAP layer), and remember that text are selectable by the baseline only.

2) Make sure the text goes to to the TEXT sheet, and that you don't have entities on sheets later in the drawing order that could cover it. Entities that disappear on the first redraw are always down to sheet issues, either the entitiy didn't go to the sheet you though it would, or your sheet ordering is in such a way that the sheet containing these entities is behind something else.
  • backwardoraclebackwardoracle Newcomer
    edited April 2019
    I'm using a brand new predesigned template in this case Traveller world satellite size 9

I havn't done anything else to the sheet, or layer, as this is the first thing I want to do, adding the Name & UWP.

So I can now delete the highlighted objects but still can't seem to get my text to stay on the map.
  • I zoom in. And type edit

Then I click on World Name, and the text edit popup comes up. Enter new text. Click okay.

Its a gray text which I do a changec on to change it to white color 15.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2019
    Posted By: backwardoracleSo I can now delete the highlighted objects but still can't seem to get my text to stay on the map.
    Are you placing text on the black area outside the gridded area? There is a black polygon there that acts as a screen to cover up anything that extends beyond the map area, which also includes the TEXT sheet. If you want to place text there, it should be placed on the MAP BORDER sheet, or. you could make a new sheet for it and place it appropriately in the drawing order.
  • The text is completely within the map area before moving it to where the the World text location is.

JimP's solution is workable, but I think I'll just add text via Photoshop as it has to be resized anyway.

thanks