I know nothing about sheets.

My last post was about my problems with redraw, and how I find it hard to use only a part of a symbol, and mesh it with another one to create a desired visual effect. It was explained to me I need to use sheets. How do I make a sheet, and how would I use one for the purpose described? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I recommend you check out the CC3+ manual, the chapter on Sheets and Effects (Page 60 in the most recent version)
  • There is a series of Joe Sweeney video tutorials on sheets and effects here. (All his tutorial videos are highly recommended.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    If you are more familiar with bitmap editors like PS or GIMP, learn to think of sheets as CC3s equivalent to their layers. It can be difficult to get your head around it all to start with, but you will get there. I use CC3, but I also use bitmap editors like the GIMP where layers are layers. I frequently have to edit my own comments because I've forgotten to flick the mental switch and talk in sheets instead of layers.

Perhaps the most confusing bit is that CC3 ALSO has layers, but they aren't anything like the layers used in other apps. Graphics don't sit on the layers in CC3. They sit on the Sheets.