use my own pictures

sorry for my noob question but iam rather new to the pro fantasy software

can anyone explain how i can use my own pictures in this software ? :)

basically i want to use custom pictures for the floors in my dungeon

Comments

• You would basically have to make tilesets from your pictures. If it weren't as late as it is where I am I would go into it for you. If someone does not pick up the topic for you tonight I will try to help out later on. First step though would be to convert all of the pictures you want to use into .png format. That is the format most of the tilesets use. A quick way to do this is to find a converter online. Just type .png converter into google and there will be plenty of free sites to do this. Also if you can find one that will let you control the size of the output you can set it to 1000x1000 pixels. That is a big size but I am pretty sure that many tiles are of that size.
  • You can import any png or bmp into a map under the Draw menu at the top.

I typically staret a map of the same size as the png I want to import. Then insert the png into the map.

I find Irfanview to be helpful in changing the size or type of graphic file.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    There are several ways of importing your own graphics. The most important thing (quite apart from converting them to png) is to make sure you have them in the right place first.

If you want to import symbols its a good idea to make a new folder in the SYMBOLS folder called USER, and then a personal subfolder system inside that one to keep them all separate from the built-in CC3 graphics and in an orderly fashion. Once you have placed them there you need to be fairly sure you aren't ever going to move them around relative to the other folders, or rename them, because this will break the references in maps that are already drawn using them. So its a really good idea to have a think about your naming conventions and folder structure. Similarly, use filenames that are relatively short, like Tree 1, Tree 2 etc, and to add a very personal suffix like your initials (in my case this would be Tree 01 SD, and Tree 02 SD). This is so that you don't end up with a muddle where you try to import your own symbols into a map that already has Tree 01 or Tree 02, but from the style you are using and not your own.

Similarly if you are intending to import texture fills you need to make sure they are arranged likewise and similarly named with your initials in another USER folder - this time within the BITMAPS folder.

To import your own graphics as symbols you need to open the Symbol Manager from the CC3 menu and Import PNGS before you can use them properly.

To import your own textures you need to import them to the map you want them in using the Tools menu, and Import bitmap fill styles.

When importing new symbols it is important that you have prepared them with a transparent background, or they will just appear as little square pictures with the actual symbol somewhere in the middle.
  • edited April 2019
    These two videos could possibly help you a lot with this. Joe Sweeney has made many, many, tutorial videos on the software. These have been staple videos for me even though they are a little older.

Importing pngs

and

Creating symbol catalogues