My problems with Redraw.

Redraw is causing me a lot of problems. I try chopping a cliff symbol to make one long, tall cliff and it just redraws the whole symbol. I must have accidentally turned it off once, because one time I used a table symbol to create a water trough by making a blue field on the table. For some reason, this doesn't redraw.
How do I prevent a redraw when I want to keep what I am doing as is?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You can't prevent a redraw. A redraw is just an update of the display, it doesn't really do anything to your map. You can turn off redraws temporarily, but that wouldn't change anything, because whatever you where hoping to avoid would be that way on the next zoom/pan or reload of the map anyway.

The reason things seem to change on a redraw is that redraw is a costly operation (especially with effects on), so instead of redrawing all the time while you work, whatever you do is just temporarily drawn on top of everything else even though it isn't really there, it just appear that way before the redraw, but this isn't a state you can keep.

The real solution to your problem is to make sure you put your entities on the correct sheets, and that you have set your sheet order correctly. If you need something to appear on top of something else, make sure the "above" entities is on a sheet that is after the "below" entity sheet in the drawing order.
  • Hmm, I'll have to look into these sheets.