Using tools & fills from other Styles

I've been working on a map that I started with the Shaded Relief style. However, I started using some tools from another style but then realized that all the drawing tools weren't correct because they didn't have access to the proper BMP fills that they were supposed to have (specifically Annual 28).

Other then copying all the BMPs from one style dir to the other, is there a better way to handle this?

Alternatively, is there a way to change the existing style my map uses? I've currently got quite a large continent that I've traced from some bitmap images so starting over is not desirable.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Checking through the mailing list and confirmed my suspicion - the bitmap fills are not defined in my current template.

Ideally what I'd like to do is start a new document using the CA28 template, but then get my existing continent outline pasted in it. Is there any way to do this?
  • Create your own template by doing a save as a new template name. Modify it. Save as again. I do a save as 'filename01' then save as 'filename02', etc. Until I get to the final version. Use that as my new template. Keep the previous versions in case I want to go back to an earlier one.

Import the map as a png, put it on its own layer so it easily be deleted later. Draw a map over it. I have some tutorials under Generic on my web site, that talks about such things.

Crestar
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Jim, if I understand it correctly, he already has the continent in CC3 format. No need to trace it again.
    Posted By: vroomfogleIdeally what I'd like to do is start a new document using the CA28 template, but then get my existing continent outline pasted in it. Is there any way to do this?
    Of course there is. :) You can use the Clipboard (Ctrl-C) to copy your continent over to the new map and then use Change like draw tool (right-click Change Properties button) to change it to the look of the new style.
  • Wow Ralf - for some reason I had thought that copy-paste didn't work between documents....so much I didn't even think to try. Perfect, thanks!
  • Ah, I saw the paste new map into CA28 template.