Mixed Forest Tool Not Filling

I'm going through the CC3+ manual, Our First Map chapter, and I've run into an issue where the program isn't behaving like the manual says it should. I'm on step 22, using the Mixed Forest Tool. The manual says it should fill in with the forest symbols once I finish drawing the forest area, but instead all I get is a bitmap fill.

I'm using CC3+ v3.90 on Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 installed. Any ideas on what could be causing the problem?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    What kind of bitmap fill do you get here? A forest-like fill, or just the gray partially transparent one that is supposed to be behind the forest?

Also, could you attach the problematic map here so I can have a look at the map settings.
  • <blockquote><cite>Posted By: Monsen</cite>What kind of bitmap fill do you get here? A forest-like fill, or just the gray partially transparent one that is supposed to be behind the forest?

Also, could you attach the problematic map here so I can have a look at the map settings.</blockquote>

I'm just getting the gray partially transparent fill. No actual image in the area. Map is attached. It's supposed to be the dark green area at the bottom-left.
  • Here's a picture out of the manual for what the forest area is supposed to look like.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The default symbol scale in your map is set to 25 (instead of .25 as the tutorial specifies). At a scale of 25, the trees are simply too big to fit even a single tree in that area.
  • <blockquote><cite>Posted By: Monsen</cite>The default symbol scale in your map is set to 25 (instead of .25 as the tutorial specifies). At a scale of 25, the trees are simply too big to fit even a single tree in that area.</blockquote>

Ah, thanks!