Experiencing a weird error saving.

I've been having a minor tech issue overall with the program, otherwise I love the entirety of the program, but the error involves it oddly not being able to save consistently. It gives me an error box that says "Error saving to file:" With the listed file path. Anyone have an explanation for this? A fix?

Attached is an image of the problem. If you need more, ask. Oh and yes, I have found a way to circumvent this issue.

Edit: I should add that the '+' sign in the name has no baring or effect. This happens with all my files even though they don't have symbols in the names.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Try taking the '+' sign out of the filename.

Use 'and' instead ;)
  • That's just the file I was working on. It has no baring on it what so ever. Because this happens even without a '+' sign.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Well it was worth a try :)

It might have too many characters (the entire path and filename I mean, not just the filename). Try a very much shorter filename, Like 'Eastern Continent' or something. Maybe just 'Fred' to test it?

I might be wrong again, but you don't get to find out what the problem is if you don't try a few things ;)
  • I wouldn't put blanks/spaces in a filename, underscores are much better.
  • Hmm....I don't think it's the length either, because weeks earlier I didn't have an issue. This is only a RECENT issue. Like...in the past couple of days, issue since I've been working with it again.

(I paused working on maps for the time being for a while and didn't touch the program, but kept it updated.)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2019
    Failure to save is generally caused by one of the following:
    - File is open in another program/user
    - File is currently being scanned by your virus scanner
    - File is being saved to a cloud location, and the syncing software is currently locking the file for processing (Depending on your OneDrive configuration, your desktop folder is a common cloud folder)
    - Lack of space on the drive
    - Lack of permissions

CC3+ shouldn't have any problems with any filename character that is legal on the windows file system. For file length, it adheres to the standard Windows limit of 255 characters in the full path, so that usually isn't an issue except in very deep folder trees.

I am not aware of any bug/problem with CC3+ itself that would cause this.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Is there any difference if you are saving to the "My Documents" folder?
  • edited April 2019
    I do have it set to a specific folder, as well, these are pretty helpful too. I appreciate all the info.

Also, been messaging tech support for help, and though I haven't found any certain solutions, I have found a small fix that has at least given a bit of help to the problem. So, I think I'm fine for the time being.