What is coming next ?

I'm just wondering... I think now all addons have been upgraded to version 3 (the later was Dioramas 3 I think).

Is there an official (or unofficial :) ) information about what's coming next ?

Basil

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    We are working on Symbol Set 5: Cities of Schley and a second Token Treasury. And then there will be a CC4 at some point.
  • wait, CC4? I haven't finished buying the other products yet!
  • "And then there will be a CC4 at some point."

Trembles with both anticipation and dread.
  • "Something Wonderful !" to quote a certain Space Odyssey character.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    "All these worlds are yours..."

I can't wait! :D
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2019
    I don't think I would worry too much LadieStorm, "at some point" isn't exactly a product announcement, more an inevitability. Besides, ProFantasy tends to have good upgrade deals, so even if you buy something that turns out to be close to release, you'll get a cheap or free upgrade anyway.
  • I wonder if CC(x)+ or FT will ever build in a kind of random map function ala World Machine or Terragen or Vue...

I would dearly love a FT tool where you could select an area on the map and have it fill in or take away the land there, like a boolean, and then automatically roughen the edge to look like the normal generated terrain.

As it is, and I am no expert yet, but the selection/modify tools are a little bit klunky and give way abnormal looking results compared to what the program itself does.

PS basically some tools that are more natively 3D based but then produce 2D results.
  • You can do that after a fashion in FT3 by making a selection, adding land, smoothing and then incising at a small amount. I've also found adding land a good way to get rid of a lot of areas below sea level quickly when I've gone too far with the incision tool. I actually find the tools for sculpting the land one of FT3s best features.

My issue with World Machine is that it it ends up making everything lower because some of the effects require you to raise the water level too high. The top end for height is much too low. Terragen is pretty good but it looks like they got rid of the functionality to import maps and you just generate them there. There might be a way to do it that I don't know of though.

In the end I always end up coming back to FT3. It's certainly not perfect, but it seems like the best tool of its kind available.
  • Posted By: RalfWe are working on Symbol Set 5: Cities of Schley and a second Token Treasury. And then there will be a CC4 at some point.
    Thanks for the information!
    I already saw some pictures of the "Citites of Schley" (in a blog post I think) and it looks already very interesting!