Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorloudwolf
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2019 edited

Hey all,
    New here. I downloaded CC3+ a while back and have been working on my first map and thought I would share the progress. It’s a mashup recreation of 5 separate hand-drawn maps from the 1980s when I was playing Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. This is pretty close to the finished product. One thing I think I will change is deleting the lava rivers near my volcanoes…it is a bit distracting from the rest of the map.

Click for high-res version
      western map thumbnail.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2019

Don't delete them, just make them a darker red.
    • CommentAuthorkevbeck43

This map is awesome! I assume you used Schley style?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I forgot to say - it is indeed awesome, and very interesting - love to see your culture notes. Hope you develop subregions in it.
    • CommentAuthorloudwolf

Posted By: kevbeck43This map is awesome! I assume you used Schley style?

And yes, I liked that style the best. Next, I want to get into redoing some of my old town and dungeon maps. Got plenty to do there.
    • CommentAuthorloudwolf

Posted By: QuentenI forgot to say - it is indeed awesome, and very interesting - love to see your culture notes. Hope you develop subregions in it.

Thanks!
    This map contains many sub regions and cultures. It was pretty much the world my D&D players adventured in for 10 years. All the major races and cultures are there. Humans in the west and south (more orderly civilization the further south you go). Barbarians (Viking-like) to the northwest, Dwarves to the northeast, Elves in the east and Orcs in southeast.
    Turinrogdor / Trollsgard is an ancient evil area that existed back before the time of humans in the region. Still some nasty business going on there today.
    Many other scattered nasty areas all about the map that my players visited during our playing days. Great memories 😊
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2019

Welcome to the forums loudwolf.

That is a very good map, you've managed to put quite a nice amount of details in there, making it look really interesting.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

That's a terrific map, loudwolf.

Thanks for sharing it with us :)
    • CommentAuthorbasilgass

Very impressive ! It's a great map ! How long did it take to map it ?
    • CommentAuthorloudwolf
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2019 edited

Posted By: basilgassVery impressive ! It's a great map ! How long did it take to map it ?

Thanks all,
    It took about a month to put this together in CC3+. Fortunately I have a lot of AutoCAD experience and the program is basically a CAD program, so that gave me a bit of a running start. Also, I have always been a map nut, been drawing maps since I was a kid.

The map elements themselves; that was a 10-year process. Started out in 1981 as just a little map around the Stillwater Bay area and grew from there as my campaign grew. I actually have a continent map I started on but never finished. My campaign was taking my players east to a land called Khellnar looking for something called The Banestone that was sort of like the Infinity stones from Marvel Comics' The Avengers. Khellnar was an Atlantian-style advanced civilization on the continent when the west was in it's stone age. The story went that a powerful party of mages and thieves ventured to the home plane of the God Set (from the Egyptian Mythios) and stole the stone bringing it back to Khellnar. This opened up a conduit and allowed a lot of bad stuff to come pouring into the world, decimating Khellnar about a thousand years before my adventurers were born, setting up my whole D&D campaign.
    Actually thinking about reviving it all when I retire in a few years. Our group is still pretty close.
    • CommentAuthorloudwolf

Question: is the "Click for High-Res Version" working for people? It works on the computer I created the link on, but when I tried it on another computer last night, it just took me to the home page of Imageshack.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Answer: yes - and thank you :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

The link was initially broken, but I fixed it for you at some point, you had a missing "
    This is pretty great.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2019

This is your first map? Wonderful!
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2019

Wow. The detail is wonderful! I love the names of all your regions and highlights. This is fantastic work~
    • CommentAuthorloudwolf
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2019 edited

Finally finished. Added forest names and played around a bit with textures and little details. Changed a few names so there was no copyright infringement (such as Underdark to Everdark).

Click for high-res version
      Western Lands - Final reduced.jpg
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2019

I'm getting "This image is currently unavailable" when I click for the hi-res version.

From what I can see of this one it looks beautiful :)
    • CommentAuthorloudwolf
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2019

Posted By: LoopysueI'm getting "This image is currently unavailable" when I click for the hi-res version.

From what I can see of this one it looks beautiful :)

Hopefully fixed now. I think I tried to link everything too soon to uploading the pic to Imageshack.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2019

Yes, that's better :)

Its a beautiful map - one of the best I've seen in that style :D