Notes

I've been updating some of my old maps and I've noticed that some of the older ones have notes which state what template was used, the size of the map and the symbol scale. I can't find anything similar on the newer maps - CC3 and CC3+. Is there such a thing in CC3+? If not, I for one would find it very very useful.

If not, is there any way to determine the size (and maybe map style) of the map? Trying to measure it seems to give me a different measurement every time!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited March 2019
    Map notes like those depends on the template being used, all map notes from the template used will always follow along into the map. It hasn't been common practice to put such notes in the CC3/CC3+ templates. There are some map notes in the wizard templates that is used by the new map wizard to set it up properly, but they doesn't contain the information you request.

For map size, the best is to measure using Info --> Distance. If you just try to click in the corners, the measurement won't be 100% accurate, but given that most maps are grated using round numbers, it is easy to round up to the correct value. Otherwise, you can always use the endpoint modifier on the map border when measuring to get exact numbers.

For style, you can usually bring up the drawing properties and check the drawtools style for te map, that usually match the map style.
  • Thank you, that was what I was afraid you would say.
    BTW, I am working through every page of the Tome you wrote - very helpful in reminding me what I used to know and all the new stuff since CC2 - thank you.