How to Build a World Map With FT3 and CC3+

My friends and I are trying to do a west march campaign in D&D. This world is made up of small continents and each DM will be given their own continent to explore. My idea was to create a map in FT3 and get the continents to the size I want. Then, I would export the oceans and cost lines into CC3+ and give the map a more fantasy style. I got the map built in FT3 but there are many problems with exporting it to CC3+.

I can't just export the map to CC3+ because the map won't use the style I want. Even if I change the style in the drawing properties, I don't gain access to the styles I want. It also breaks all of the layers and styles. If you try to resize the drawing area, you will get an error about the map boarder missing.

I tried exporting the map in layers (just the ocean and just the cost lines) so I could import them with the Insert File option. However, CC3+ can't handle the size of the map file I am inserting. I even tried to place the inserted file randomly with intent to move it. However, there is no way to move things in CC3+.

Has anyone figured out how to do this? I really want the map projection that comes with FT3 but I can't make these applications work together.

Comments