What dictates the default fill style loaded when a new map is created?

I'm working my way through the ins and outs of making templates, and I've noticed that if I choose "Pick a pre-defined template" and select Mike Schley Inks, the resulting map has FS: Solid in the status bar. However, If I opt for "Decide settings myself" and go through the steps, the map now has FS: Tile in the status bar. I'm trying to figure out where this is set as part of the template, and why going in via pre-defined vs deciding settings myself makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    This is part of the template(drawing). The current option is saved to the file whenever you save it.

The reason why this differ between a pre-defined template and the decide settings yourself option is simply because these are two different templates, so they have simply been saved with different settings when they where made (Probably not intentionally, but what fill style which shows up initially is of very little consequence, so I am guessing nobody paid any attention to it)
  • All makes sense now. Somehow, I hadn't seen that there was a Wizard folder with its own templates in it. Thanks!