Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to zoom into a part of my map and be able to save it - it's really hard to duplicate an already created map into a smaller, zoomed in version. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2019

Check out this blog post.
    Thanks a lot Monsen.
    You gave me a link to this information about how to use transparent PNGs and put them into a map. I can't seem to find it, and every time I try inserting my transparent PNG into CC3+, the program shuts off, and I have to reopen the program, and the image isn't inside the map. Please help. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2019

How large is your .png file? And are you running the latest version of CC3+ (3.90)?
    I am running the latest CC3, and the image is 2000 x 1600 - if it helps, this is an outline of one of my maps. I'm trying to create a BW version of one of my color maps
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2019

Not sure why it would be crashing. Does it happen with other images as well, or only that one? What if you try to insert it into another map, any difference there?

If you are trying to make a different style version of an existing CC3+ map, it is probably easier to just copy the landmass via the clipboard and use change like draw tool on that directly instead of going through am image file though.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Remy - does it make any difference where the png file is stored? The reason I ask is because I remember having a lot more trouble with them before I created a special folder for 'Background images' in the Bitmaps folder.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Shouldn't affect crashing. Unless it is nested deep in a folder structure so the total path length (including the filename) is more than 255 characters (windows default maximum), that could theoretically cause some issues.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I used to store them on my desktop, so I don't think that would be a problem in my historical case.

But moving them to the Bitmaps folder helped a lot.
    Thanks guys... I tried it again today and it worked... not sure why it was crashing and all that. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
    I had another question, but I don't think it'll require much work from you guys. I saw this really nice map, and I was wondering if it was done with CC3 or something else. (REALLY nice colors and outline) Could someone please help me with that? If so, is it from an annual, or...? Thanks.
      The Realm of Myriad 2.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Don't think that is CC3+. I am guessing that was made in a paint program. Those "brush strokes" you see very prominent in the ocean isn't very natural to make in CC3+.
    Dang it... is there anything on CC3+ that's similar (color scheme, font, symbols)?
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2019

You could try Havenland - then manipulate the color scheme with Adjust Hue/Saturation or RGB Matrix adjustments
    •  
      CommentAuthorMedio
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2019

That map is very doable in CC3 but needs some work on the symbols and to get the right textures, which could be similar to some found in some Annuals.

I personally like the Mountains colours, maybe i will colour some mountains symbols from some annuals and check how they fare.
    Medio (or anyone for that matter) if you find anything similar please let me know. Its a really nice map in my opinion.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

The B&W Fantasy style is very similar - it has similar mountains and trees, and even has the wave patterns for the water around the coast (as a fill). The style is black and white, however, so this would only be of any use to you if you 'colour in' the exported map in GIMP or another bitmap editor.
    Thanks Loopysue. Kind of ironically, the only annual I DO have is the 2017 one. I think I'll GIMP edit the map when I'm done. You guys are really helpful - as always.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

If that is what you decide to do in the end it would be very interesting to see the result. Don't be afraid to show hybrid CC3/GIMP maps on this forum - I've done it loads of times.