Resolved: FT3: boxy glitches on map at 180 longitude

Hello!

At 180 degrees, some boxes of ice, about 400,000,000 feet high and containing water equally deep, appear on my map. I can see them from the biggest zoom and I can't do anything to get rid of them. Help?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I remember reading something about this in a post about a year ago.

I can't remember if it was cured by the last update, but its worth checking that you do actually have the latest update. The information will be on your account page under the FT3 registration.
  • VirVir Surveyor
    Hi, Loopysue. Thanks for the tip!

I have my serial number registered and my Offers page says "You have the current version of all the products you've registered."
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    This problem crops up from time to time in FT. About all that you can really do to fix it is to paint it out. Start by using Tools>>Actions>>Normalize Data to ensure that there aren't any numerical errors such as infinities of not-a-number values in there. Then use a small brush (Tools>>Paint Values>>Land Offset) to paint out the area. The best way to get the value to paint is to hold down the Shift key and click just outside of the damaged area, which will pick up the land offset editing value at that point.
  • VirVir Surveyor
    Easy when you know how! Thanks.