Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2019 edited

I finally remember that on level 4 of Dwarf Home, there is a water fall that goes down to levels 5, 6, and maybe 7.

My task now, don't worry I got the 1200 plus Traveller planets done I was working on last year, is to extend DH levels 5, 6, and maybe 7, so they have lakes and water falls with the water fall on level 4 as a source.

Level 4 | Level 5 | level 6 | level 7

Notice the huge cavern on level 5. Yes, thats a castle in the center, on a hundreds of feet tall pedistal. The chasm drops to 6th level.

Six and 7 levels are barely there and will require significanly more maps... Of course, I could make sections 2 maps wide, instead of filling in all of the rows possible with maps... We shall see.

Here is the starting map for level 4.
      dh4b07b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2019

Thinking this over... instead of the typical lake with water monsters, etc. for the next level down, I might have a haunted house on a small island in the lake instead. I have to think on this more, but that is a possibility.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Originality is always better if you get the inspiration ;)
    • CommentAuthorJimP

But what to make it out of ? Metal and wood would rust/rot. And stone will wear away over the centuries. Decisions, decisions.
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric

How about a hard crystal only found on that island?
    Maybe cursed if somebody remove a piece?
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I could make the building out of crystal. But I would prefer finishing this year. I'll have to think about it. The house wasn't going to be under the water fall anyway. At least, I likely wouldn't have planned it that way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Stone takes millenia to wear down eg Stonehenge, Pyramids. And underground would not get the same weathering
    • CommentAuthorJimP

On my cell phone.

Depends on the distance between them. Too close and the long drop would cause massive damage quickly. I don't remember the depth difference but it could be 100 feet.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2019

Had a chance to look it up, and its 160' from level 4 down to level 5.

Dwarf Home distances sizes of levels. The room quantities are out of date.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2019 edited

Also starting an 'alternate' set of maps. Only 2 done so far. I need to settle down and go with one map style...

Anyway, blue map, using an earlier Annual issue #12. And the 'Alternate' map using Dungeon DD3 Color. I'm not keeping the exact original room layout. Level 1 for these alternate maps will be more of the basement of the ruins instead of the tossed together maps ideas I had back about 1981.
      dh1a0b.png
      DH01_01b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Okay. Since level 5 of Dwarf Home has over 100 maps, I have split up tghe maps into columns, so those with metered downloads can get the png files. Those are 2000 pixels wide.

My Dwarf Home download page still has the 1200 pixel wide maps in a zip file.

I noticed that folks are downloading individual maps and the zips, so I have temporarily stopped updated Dwarf Home.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Dwarf Home Two in case anyone wants to look over the alternate Dwarf Home... more thought going into it, I hope, than the first one I drew back in 1981.