February Mapping Challenge: Fall of the Edneim

Hi folks,

I started on this dungeon back when the challenge was first announced. The idea is based strongly on details of my own campaign, since I didn't want to turn out something generic. As a basic description, its based in an ancient world setting, and the origin of two of the main races, patterned after halflings and goblins, and is basically a whimsical retelling of the account of the garden of eden with significant changes. The revered deity of the world is a dragon who travels around and through trickery puts limits on the things that exist in the cosmos. The Edneim are a species created by the sea deity, and when the dragon wanders by he notices them living as hunters and gatherers and tricks them by teaching them about the Seven Days, which are the arrangement of the pantheon in the world. They become conscious of their small place in the world and become fearful of their sea deity, Edne, and flee that region of the world, after which the dragon places guardians (giant insects) in the steppes that border the jungle so that they can't return.

The dungeon is based on some future time when the goblins, descendant of the Edneim, are hunted down and killed by dragon minions of the original dragon. The goblins are all dead but the dragon remains. The dungeon is made up of several different small caverns that comprise a small living community, and those caverns have been repopulated with other creatures as time has gone on.

Anyway, I'm still hoping to finish this before the 28th. Is the pond ok? I'm comfortable with it being fairly shallow, but no so shallow you could walk across it.

Comments