Custom Color Pallette

I've been fiddling around with defining custom colors, and was wondering what the conventional wisdom was on what colors are safe to redefine?

I don't want to overwrite any commonly used colors from the CC3's default palette....and so it looks like I should restrict myself to colors 1-14. Are these colors used in the the default CC3 tools or common templates (Annuals, Symbol Sets, etc) ?

Comments

• edited April 2009
    There is a custom palette file FCW32.PAL in the "Profantasy/CC3" directory. If you make a copy of it, and drop it in the same directory of the map you are working on, it should be used instead of the one in the CC3 directory.

I may be wrong depending on how your map file is set up. So you might want to make a back up copy of the FCW32.PAL, as I don't know if my way is the Profantasy way of doing things.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    CC3 can attach a custom color palette to the map itself through the "Drawing Properties" catalog. That's the best method to save custom colors.

If you want to edit the default colors, 1-14 are good candidates - although I tend to use those bright colors (2-4) for sketching, preliminary designs, etc. The colors most rarely used are the three pink/purple color lines 192-239. Those are fairly safe to change.

Hope that helps.