Symbol locations and Catalogs

Hello,

I'm again picking up CC3 and have been sorting through the Symbol Catalogs to figure out what exactly I have and am finding myself getting increasingly annoyed at the organization and inconsistency.

I currently have just the main symbols and the SS1 pack installed. It seems some SS1 symbols are in catalogs named CC2 (the handdrawn ones), and some are under SS1, such as a, b, c, etc. furthermore the included PDF symbol sheets don't follow the same nomenclature. Additionally there are several catalogs that are listed in the Catalog Setting dialog but are missing completely (some of the "All" collections don't have corresponding .fsc files), which also seems to be common with some of the main catalogs.

Should there be "All" catalog files for all the sets? Any chance we could get corrected files? For instance the Sean\borders_2prt.fsc file seems to actually be the all_2prt.fsc file (which also suffers from a typo when you first install and doesn't even show up properly in the Catalog Settings until you rename it).

Not sure I made a lot of sense here, but the bottom line is that it would be nice if someone went through and spent some time cleaning up the symbol catalogs so there weren't dead references, typos, and missing files!

Comments