Pen Thickness and Line Width

Hello,

I'm having an annoying issue with either pen thickness or line width. Some update ago messed with the thickness of my lines. In the attached image, I used to be able to draw lines with a thickness of 0 (boxed in green). After the update, my line defaults to a thicker line (boxed in red). I'm able to use the CHANGEPT command to set the new lines back to 0, but I want to find a way to set it that way by default.

I tried messing with Line Width, and that has it's own problems. If I set it to 0.00mm, lines show up. If I change it at all (either 0.01mm or 10.00mm, lines don't appear at all. Line style is Solid, and Fill style is Hollow.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Hi KainG

If you have a line of any width greater than zero it automatically fills with the current fill, so if the current fill is hollow what you should get is two offset lines that describe the outside edge of a hollow line of that width.

Use the Info --> List tool to find out what those lines really are in each case, and use the change properties tool to make them right.

The line width should automatically be whatever you set it to last time you saved and closed a file (I think).
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Always make sure pen thickness is Zero, pen thickness is really only useful when you plan to print on a plotter, for everything else, you should use line width. You'll find that line with should behave correctly once pen thickness is zero.

To set default pen thickness, use the PTHICK command.
  • KainGKainG Newcomer
    Thank you, Monsen! I knew there had to be a command to reset that (because current CC3+ version doesn't have that dialog anymore), but for the life of me I could not find it. That fixed my problem.

Thanks Loopysue for the tip about the List tool. With it I was able to discover that the lines I drew actually were present. I set their Fill style to solid, and they showed up with the correct line width. They weren't showing up when set to Hollow because I had Outline unchecked in their Fill style some time back.

I'm finally back to my preferred settings.