Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2019 edited

So, my players have embarked on an epic journey, starting at the ocean and trying to follow a large river to it's source. I wanted to give them a little guide, so they found a map inscribed on a statue a couple of thousand years ago (so it is quite a bit out of date)

Decided the Strip Map (Annual issue 29) was great for this, as you can be more focused as to what is along the river rather than the precise direction at all times, just how a person traveling along the river would experience it.

Since this was found on a statue and not on parchment, I obviously manipulated the colors and threw in a texture as well, but I think the result was a nice game aid.

Elven River Map.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2019

Really love it. I am trying to do one for the Dunor Valley, and have already made some progress, but have 2 tiles to complete (start) before I finish it. What I really appreciate is how you have kept it simple and yet SO effective.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2019

I love strip maps as well. I'm thinking of doing a book map that way instead of the traditional regional map.

Really lovely texture, Remy :)
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2019

But what did you do after the party turned off onto the first tributary they encountered and ignored the main river entirely ;) ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

They were destroyed by the Queen of all Dragons, Remia
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

They haven't gotten that far yet (probably will tomorrow). If they wish to explore it, that's just fine. It is what I expect from player characters anyway.
    • CommentAuthorKenG
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2019

I have always loved strip maps but i've never been able to make them work out.

This works well!!!