FR Gray Vale Intepretation BW Annual Template

Hi All. I did this awhile ago for a campaign I will be running for my old D&D group which has come back together. This is based off of the published Forgotten Realms Map 4e that comes with the Campaign Guide. It is almost complete, I need to tweek it some and move some mountains around a bit more for a more balanced and pleasing look (suggestions welcome). I used the BW Annual Template from a few issues ago just to see what I could do without needing to customize new drawing tools.

This is a work in progress, might finish it up today... and repost again, but I am generally happy with the way it looks as a BW Handout map. I see this as an interpretation of the FR map... I don't claim any rights to the content as being unique except for a small village/town that I am using as a story 'piece' and it is called (village) Waystead at the moment. Also, I intentionally did NOT over populate this map with too many details... leaves it open for "question" from the players perspective and its good to have 'whitespace' sometimes.

Comments

• The Lost Peaks look a bit crowded. Maybe a few scattered pines there would give the right effect.

Personally, I'd put on a scale bar, or a Distance Bar (You can go x distance on good roads in good weather) even if it's not IC. I find it helps me to envisage a world.

I'd also tweak the letters on the town below Waystead. I think it says Lotrowater, but I want to be sure of what I am reading.

A few outlying trees would break up the rather vertical forest-shapes to the right.

These are all small things, though. I think in general the balance is pleasing.
  • 6 days later
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    I like this map with its old-school feel.