Cannot Install Annual 11 (.NET cannot be installed) [SOLVED]

Hi all,

I recently had my computer die and had to get a new one, which means reinstalling all my programs and content. Fun!

All my CC3+ stuff reinstalled fine except for Annual 11 which keeps throwing an error saying "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 could not be installed." I'm using Windows 10, which should have .NET 3.5, according to a web search, which supposedly includes 2.0, although I seem to be unable to activate that feature.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Mark

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Yes, 3.5 should be plenty. I just did a test install on a clean VM, and the installer automatically activates the .net 3.5 feature on windows during installation.

You should also be able to manually enable it by going hitting the start menu button and typing "Turn Windows features on", and the "Turn Windows features on and off" should appear, from where you can enable the .net framework 3.5.
    If you cannot enable it from here, it may indicate problems with your windows installation. First steps would be to make sure all windows updates are installed, and then reboot the computer. If that doesn't work, you may be better off asking Microsoft support since in that case it is an issue with installing Microsoft software on a Microsoft OS.
  • Thanks Monsen.

I just checked my updater and it looks like I had a failed update - I'll retry that update and hopefully it fixes it.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Win 10 is absolutely famous for failed updates. If things start to break its the first thing I check, and then if that's not the problem I go to the MS page where the known bugs of each update are listed to see if that's the problem. Its quite an eye-opener!
  • edited February 2019
    That was the issue!

It was not just a regular update but apparently I had an old version of Windows 10; I had 1803 and 1809 is the latest. I tried a bunch of times to do the update through Windows Settings and ended up having to go online and manually download an updater. What a pain!

Weird that a brand new custom computer would not have the latest version installed on it, but it's fixed now. Of course, once I updated Windows, I had to update a bunch of my drivers too, but I think we can all agree that the important thing is that I have all my CC3+ stuff installed. ;)

Thanks for the help.
  • It's actually pretty normal for brand new computers to have outstanding updates for Windows. And with Win10, twice a year (I think it is) they have the "feature updates," which are basically a whole new version of Windows. It sounds stupid (and it is), but it's pretty normal these days.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    All I know is I get updates swallowing 2-3GB data allowance almost once a month.