Small Tool Buttons

After a re-install of CC3+ up to update 21, I noticed that my tool buttons are smaller than they have been previously. I am aware of the setting where I can select to use small / large buttons, but they're smaller than they were, despite this. Does anyone know what might be affecting toolbar button sizes? Is this something I can adjust or is there some known reason why this would be the case?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The buttons follow the Windows setting for display scaling. If you have changed this, then the buttons will also be scaled differently (Notice that after changing this setting, you need to log out of windows and back in before the setting takes proper effect for all programs, including CC3+)
  • Thanks, Monsen! I'll look into that. I appreciate the information.
  • 1 month later
  • Can someone refresh my memory on where that large/small option is? I have an ongoing issue with my buttons being huge. I haven't been able to work on maps for about 2 months and just opened my program and it looks like the attachment. My scaling is at 100%.

I'm using a laptop with two port replicators and four monitors.

Thanks in advance
  • Oh wow. That's huge, even for when large buttons are selected. This looks more like a windows setting issue, but the option you're looking for is a check box inside the hammer icon on the bottom toolbar.

Wish I could be more helpful but some with more windows knowledge that me will need to chime in.
  • Thanks.....I'm gonna see if I can toggle that setting a couple times and see if it 'reminds' it where it's supposed to be. Annnd, nope. I just bumped scaling to 125% and back down to 100% (can't go lower). Flipped resolution back and forth. *sigh* Just spent 16-20 hours on another bug (not with CC) and really just wanna work on my campaign

If anyone else has an idea, I'm interested :)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    What is the scaling on your primary monitor set to? I suspect CC3+ might not support per-monitor scaling
    (Also, if you change the scaling, remember to log on and back in again. The way windows handles scaling means that not all programs will use the new value even if they were started after changing the scaling, a logout is required)
  • As noted in my comment it was 100% I didn't actually log out of my system after changing scaling, only restarted the app.
  • Of course my other system is fine. Back in the old days we could just edit an ini file or something Yeah, yeah, I'm old....get off my lawn ;)
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Back in the old days Windows actually did what you told it to. Nowadays its the other way around!

It wouldn't surprise me if this was down to Windows, and not CC3 at all.
  • edited March 2019
    Posted By: LoopysueIt wouldn't surprise me if this was down to Windows, and not CC3 at all.
    I agree. However, my hunch is that regardless of cause, I'm far more likely to find the resolution here than in a windows forum.
  • 14 days later
  • Today I opened it up after seeing no further activity here, and it's as designed. I dunno, maybe I should just drink more. Cheers!