Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2019

I have decided on a bit of fun for myself - to do an overland map in all the different overland styles that are in the annuals, plus Mike Schley, Herwin Wielink and CC3 basic. Let's see how I go.
    Here is the base map - in Schley style.
      Blaenavony Free Cities.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2019 edited

That sounds like an ambitious project.

You shouldn't forget the overland styles from SS1 though. And perhaps also a modern style from SS3?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2019

Mmmmm
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2019

Oh go on, Quenten - you can do it :D
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2019

Yeah ! Go for it !
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Here is the completed map in Schley style. I will now recreate it in CC3 standard, but keep the same dragon, title and frame.
      Blaenavony Free Cities2.PNG
    • CommentAuthorclithgow
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Looking forward to watching this progress! Do you think you'll completely redraw each map anew? Or do a File > Save As and then just modify the textures and such?
    • CommentAuthorseycyrus
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Quenten, thank you for your efforts. I believe this will go a long way to address many users and/or potential users question of "What style do I like?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime5 days ago

I have rethought the project. This map (with the light blue lettering changed to dark blue) will go into the Atlas as is. I have nearly finished a more usual shaped map, ie about 600:450, which will be easier to do all the maps. So wait a few days, and I will post 2-3 maps of the Republic of Kalliochos on Artemisia. The project will also give me practice in all the different styles.