Using CC3+ to make Harnworld Manor maps

I have seen off and on many people asking about how to use the Mappa Harnica mapping style in CC3+. I have managed to get my hands on both the symbols and fills for Mappa Harnica and have been implementing them into the CD3 add on. This thread will have a number of tutorials showing how to do this.

As I said I would do I am starting my tutorial on implementing Harn symbols and colors into CC3+. I am assuming that the user will know the basics of getting around windows and how to get to the files I reference. I also assume a basic working knowledge of CC3+. The first step is to add the Harn colors pallet into the CC3+ ProgramData folder. CC3+ installs most of the most important files in the data folder.

This links to a short video on how to do steps 3 through 7. I will try to do another tutorial tonight.

1. To make the ProgramData folder visible you need to go to whatever drive you have CC3+ installed in and click the view button. (This is using Windows Explorer of course) This will make the ProgramData folder visible.

2. Go into your programdata folder and find your ProFantasy folder. Click on that and then set up a shortcut to your CC3+ folder. You will be using this a lot.

3. Download the Harn colors zip found at the beginning of this topic.

4 Unzip the file to the desktop and rename the file FCW32.pal. Don't change the file extension.

5. Using the shortcut you created to get inside your CC3+ folder drag and drop the FCW32.pal file into the CC3+ folder.

6. To check that the colors are showing click on the CC3+ welcome file that should be in your CC3+ programdata folder.

7. Click on the color button at the top and middle of the toolbar. You will see the colors about 3 quarters of the way down the color chart.

Disclaimer: I am basically new to tutorials so if any of this is unclear I apologize but I hope this first step sets you on a good path to creating Harn Manor maps in CC3+!

Comments