instalation problems

I had to recently do a system wipe and have not been able to reinstall CC3+ on to my laptop. It downloads the program, installs it. I can start it up but I can't install the update or any other add ons or files. It keeps saying it can't find the program and that it doesn't exist... What am I doing wrong here? I never had a problem before.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Did you grab the correct versions of everything? The installers for CC3 and CC3+ are not cross-compatible, so if you installed CC3+ and try to install an update or add-on for CC3, that won't work, same if you installed CC3 and try to use the CC3+ versions of add-ons/updates.

I also assume that you have tried to reboot your computer. Normally not required, but often a problem fixer if things appear not to be working normally (Also, under windows 10, always use the "restart" option and not "shut down" and then power back on due to the fast start feature)

If none of this helps you, I recommend you contact Technical Support
  • I will try this and get back to you. I didn't think about restarting the computer.... I spend so much time on here working I forget to do that.... hopefully that corrects the issue. Thankfully I "learned" the hard way to make sure to grab the correct files last time I was starting out with cc3+ lol. Thank you for your help.
  • Thank you SOOOOOOO very much. That was exactly the probelm... I totally forgot to turn it off and back on again lol. Thankfully it was a easy problem.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Glad you got it fixed. Happy mapping.