Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorkathorus
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2019

Has the user library been removed? https://www.profantasy.com/library/default.asp
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I don't know.

What was in it?
    • CommentAuthorpool7

IIRC there were user-created maps and symbols.
    Have you tried accessing it via the Internet Archive (a.k.a. Wayback Machine)?
    • CommentAuthorSkidAce

I tried finding it last week, and I also could not. There were a few symbol files I needed to redownload.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2019

Yup, still not there. I think it was all CC2, but some of them were nice to have.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern

The Map & Catalog Library was removed from the PF site during the second half of October last year, sadly. As Jim said, there was a lot of CC2 material, plus quite an amount of CC3, I think, loads of maps and collections of symbols. It seems to have been retired as part of the general revamp of the PF website that happened around the same time.

If you can remember what the files were called, it maybe someone here still has downloaded copies they could let you have. That may not be practical, I realise, especially if you don't know what the name for the files was anyway!

WaybackMachine doesn't help for this, unfortunately, at least not judging from my very quick check of it just now. There is a page there, but it won't connect with others in the sequence, or let you do searches or downloads.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I think one or two files were restricted, but I have some of them around somewhere. I have gigabytes of space to upload them to.

If PF would allow me to host the non-restricted ones, I have plenty of room.
    • CommentAuthorShessar

I also have a number of the files, both symbols and maps, so if you can describe the subject matter of what you're looking for I'll look to see what I have.

Knowing that these are gone now somehow makes me feel sad.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern

Yes, I'm not sure why it was allowed to continue for so long, and then vanish without warning. I feel partly responsible for its demise, as it seems to have disappeared soon after I posted about it in regard to the old city block geomorphs on this Forum topic :(
    • CommentAuthorSkidAce

I was looking for a symbol file with all the greyhawk shields.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2019 edited

• CommentAuthorkathorus
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2019

Thanks all, it is sad that it is gone :(

Guess I'll try going through the wayback machine.

I have those symbols too Quenten :)
    • CommentAuthorSkidAce
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2019

Thanks all, I at least am good to go.

Still a shame they are gone and no ideas why....