Multiple Sheets Error/Warning

I created a map in Fractal Terrains, exported it to CC3 and then followed the instructions to convert it from a CC2 to a CC3 overland map.

Now when I put mountains into the map from Symbol Set 1, I get a warning message in red at the top left of the screen saying 'Multiple sheets'. It doesn't appear to be automatically choosing a sheet, so I figure it is getting confused. Can anyone tell me what I should do to fix this problem?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The "Multiple Sheets" message just informs you that the current symbol spans multiple sheets (As opposed to "regular" symbols, where all parts of the symbol are on the same sheet). These symbols should automatically end up on the "Symbol" sheet (It converts the line style names used in the symbol to sheet names).
    If the appropriate sheets do not exist in the map before you place the symbols, the result might look a bit strange, because it does not know where in the sheet order to place the new sheets, so they are placed at the end, making the appearance that the symbol didn't select the sheet properly. Try using list on the symbol after placing them, and verify sheet order in the sheets dialog.
  • Thanks Monsen. I'll try that out.

I think this issue was caused by my use of the 'Purge Unused' button.