Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Is there a way to preset a default directory for new maps? Currently it seems to be "C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus" and I'd like to change it to a directory on my D: drive.

Dalton “who is creating a lot of new maps these days” Spence

•  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2019

It should default to the last folder used. It should never suggest the installation directory unless you manually worked with a file in it, I've never seen it suggest that one for me (Under CC3+ that is, CC3 used it as the default dir).

I don't know of any way to change the default behavior though.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I load from, and save as to, a specific folder of my choice for all of my maps.

Then under that folder, I save as for specific sites, then specific nations, etc.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Mine is behaving as Monsen suggests it should. I use CC3+ and because CC3+ existed when I started out I've never used any of the earlier versions.

Dalton - Are you using CC3 instead of CC3+?
    No, I'm using CC3+. What really puzzles me is that this seems like a recent phenomenon. I don't remember it happening before or I certainly would have mentioned it earlier. I do save and open maps in other directories constantly so I think I would have noticed.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2019 edited

How very strange! What version of MS Windows are you using... or are you on Linux or Mac