Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2019 edited

Great idea, Remy! This is a great way to get some dungeons in the Atlas!

We've seen a slow down of contributions from new or unfamiliar members these last several months....shame, especially since there's so many new guys on the Facebook forum. Most seem to just post maps and/or take copies of maps that are posted, and ask for advice. Can't seem to generate the Community Atlas sharing vibe there - which is a darn shame, cause there's some great maps being posted there. Oh well...too bad. Lucky for them, there are those of us that still contribute multiple maps a year, and some even a month :) - giving ourselves and all the members of the community free access to our .fcw files. Aaaanyway......

Here's the beginning's of my dungeon that houses The Cult of Vecna. What horrors lie in wait for those unfortunate enough to find themselves on this level of The Temple of the Unholy.....

Of course, it will likely be in a finished version with my recognizable style with Bogie, Dundjinni and CSUAC2 fills and symbols. This one will also have Munson's Mines - as i needed the eyeball :)
      Dungeon Contest.PNG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2019

Nice!

As for why it won't take off on the FB page I think its the way the threads vanish miles down the page not long after they are created. Its really only a place to get your question answered or show off your finished stuff for a couple of days - before it too vanishes a mile down the page.

This is the place for WIP threads ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2019

Remember to take your time. February hasn't even started yet :)
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2019

I can't wait to see this as it develops Lorelei. I know it will be awesome!
    This looks cool. Just in answer to your comments about contributions, I felt a bit unsure of the status of the atlas, which I think is a good idea. I do want to contribute to it, but at least in terms of the overland maps I haven't felt that I make maps I find attractive enough. I had a great idea for a Nubia-style region on the one continent (the one below Artemisia, I believe).

Anyway, I think I might like to try contributing a dungeon level here. Thanks for clarifying about the status of the atlas.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2019

Posted By: Autumn GettyThis looks cool. Just in answer to your comments about contributions, I felt a bit unsure of the status of the atlas, which I think is a good idea. I do want to contribute to it, but at least in terms of the overland maps I haven't felt that I make maps I find attractive enough. I had a great idea for a Nubia-style region on the one continent (the one below Artemisia, I believe).

Anyway, I think I might like to try contributing a dungeon level here. Thanks for clarifying about the status of the atlas.

@Autumn Getty don't ever feel unsure of your maps to contribute to the Atlas!! There are no prerequisites other than, obviously, using only CC3+ products and add-ons. No matter what level you think your mapping skills are at, no matter. We welcome all levels of "attractiveness". And....personally, i think that the more you contribute, the more you'll improve. Don't be shy! There are so many needs - overland, regional, city, town, villlage, floorplans and dungeons galore!

Looking forward to your maps!
    Thanks for the encouragement, Lorelei.