Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

There have been a lot of new commands added to CC3+ lately so I thought I add my own suggestions to the list.

• ASK3BOX - Similar to ASKBOX this command creates a dialog box with three buttons; “YES”, “NO” and “CANCEL”. Would be used with another new command GETA3RETCODE to get more options out of query:

• 0 - “Yes” button was clicked.

• 1 - “No” button was clicked.

• 2 - “Cancel” was selected by either clicking the “Cancel” button, the “X” in the upper right hand corner of the dialog or pressing the “Esc” key.

• 3 - Command failed for another reason.

• NOTE Commands - Until the recent OPENNOTE command the only way to use map notes was through the “Select Note” dialog (NOTES command). It occurs to me that the text stored in map notes should be usable in other ways. These new commands can manipulate map note in a variety of ways. The IFERR command can be used to check if a new note already exists or an old one does not.

• ADDNOTE - Creates a new note using the MSGBOX syntax.

• APNDNOTE - Adds text to an existing note using the MSGBOX syntax. Could be used to log map activity and revisions.

• ASKNOTE - Creates an ASKBOX dialog using the note name as the title and note content as the text.

• ASK3NOTE - Creates an ASK3BOX dialog (see above) using the note name as the title and note content as the text.

• CLRNOTE - Deletes the contents an existing map note without removing it.

• DELNOTE - Deletes an existing map note by name.

• EDITNOTE - Edits an existing map note by name using the “Edit Text” dialog.

• MSGNOTE - Creates an MSGBOX dialog using the note name as the title and note content as the text. For those who prefer message boxes to text windows.

• NEWNOTE - Creates a new note using the “Edit Text” dialog.

• RUNNOTE - Runs the macro code contained in the named note as per “OnNewMacro” and “OnOpenMacro” notes. An alternative to using macros or script files.

• TEXNOTE - Same as the TEX command except it preloads the content of the named note in the “Edit Text” dialog to be placed on the map.

• TXTWINCOLOR - I don’t like the “white on blue” color scheme of the text window. This command would let me set the foreground and background colors to any on the palette.

• COPYWIZ - This command would create multilevel copies of the current map as per the last dialog of the “New Map Wizard”. This way one wouldn’t have to manually copy details of a building layout and its environs from one level to another. As a possible enhancement, instead of placing a list of map links on the maps taking up usable area, a context menu could be made that would be called from a clickable hotspot underneath (or possibly including) the level name. All files would be placed in the same directory as the current map by default unless otherwise directed.

•  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2019

Some interesting suggestions there.

Have you considered writing them yourself though? Writing XP's can be a bit arcane compared to many modern API's, but it is also a lot of fun. Not sure how easy the TXTWINCOLOR would be to implement by a third party without having support in the core code, but the rest of the commands should be implementable as an XP.
    I really didn't think TXTWINCOLOR was doable (the colors just remind me of the BSoD) and most of the documentation on writing XPs seems rather out-of-date (back to CC2 for most of it). I'm not the programmer I used to be (I feel like a dinosaur at times to be honest) and writing macro code is about my speed these days (I've already written the data collection part of a COPYWIZ macro but I'm stuck on the map copying/altering part) but most of the recent new commands seem to be hooking onto existing features of the program. For example OPENNOTE basically emulates clicking the "Ok" button on the “Select Note” dialog (NOTES command). DELNOTE, EDITNOTE and NEWNOTE commands could be written similarly. These ideas inspired a 3 AM bout of insomnia so if they seem a bit out there, that's why.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2019

Oh wow! Someone else who gets a bee in the bonnet that won't stop buzzing!

Snap :D

(only mine is usually about drawing something)